MISSION STATEMENTThe Mission of the Broadway Seniors Resource Council is...‘to empower the 55+ population by providing information/outreach, education, and referral services. Knowledge and access to these resources will enable persons aged 55+ to age in place in the West Central area of Winnipeg’.
The primary objective of the Broadway Seniors Resource Council Inc. is to increase the wellness of the 55 plus population by providing services, referrals and education. Services and referrals will support the individual needs of each person, which may include emotional, spiritual, social, or practical support. These supports will enable seniors to remain in independent living situations for as long as possible.
BSRC IS FUNDED BY:
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority /
Office régional de la santé de Winnipeg
OUR PROGRAMS AND SERVICESThe Broadway Seniors Resource Council, Inc. (BSRC) offers a variety of information, educational and referral services to older adults aged 55+ living in the BSRC catchment area.
- Advocacy services
- Assistance filling out forms and applying to various 55+ specific programs
- Educational presentations are offered throughout the community at various times throughout the year. If you would like to book a private presentation for your group or residence, please contact our coordinator with your request.
- Emergency Response Information Kits (E.R.I.K.)
- Escorted rides program
- Information & referral to various agencies, programs, and support services in your community. Programs can we can help refer to include but not limited to, home care, rental assistance, health services, support supports, legal assistance, and more!
- Program facilitation & development.
- Legal Clinics to prepare Wills, Power of Attorney and Health Care Directives
- Weekly "Hello" program